SUO 93 - Boxes, Bags and Baskets

I'm back!  Phew ... it has been a whole fortnight since I've posted a project!  I've certainly had plenty of time to think about what I was going to make for this Boxes, Bags and Baskets Challenge for SUO but have been away on a relaxing holiday with hubby and only just arrived home on Sunday night.

I loved having a break and we had a very special time eating out, snorkelling in the Barrier Reef, sight seeing in and around Port Douglas (far North Queensland), shopping, reading and relaxing by the resort pool but it's good to be home. It was certainly a lot of fun to get back into my craft room yesterday and make this little glamour bag in between the loads of washing and unpacking that I had to do.

 A Glimmery, Gold Bag for SUO 93

 Filled with Caramel Lindt Balls

 Side View

Empty Bag

Using a piece of Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, I followed a Mini Bag Tutorial from Silvey's Craftroom then added a 3/4" x 4 1/2" Gold Foil edge, cut with the Fringe Scissors to the top of both sides of the bag, made a clasp using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (2" x 4 1/2"), then added some Gold Sequin Trim for the handles and finished it off with a beautiful rose made from the Spiral Flower Die and a Large Pearl.


I hope you will play along over the next fortnight and share your boxes, bags or baskets with us.

Design Team Blogs -


Comments

Christine Blain said…
This is just gorgeous, Bron - so glamorous!
Mary Davidson said…
Oh my! This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
Rose Ann Marr said…
What a beautiful bag. Thank you for sharing with us.
Patti said…
Such an elegant treat bag. Even the treats look classy. Love it.
Gabby said…
What a lovely bag! At first glance, the word CELEBRATE came to mind. So fun and festive! :)
Penny Hanuszak said…
Talk about GLAM!!!! This little gold and white number certainly captures the "most gorgeous" category!. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

Jackie said…
Delightful bag!!