Still addINKtive Challenges # 1 - Sketch and Colour

Yay!  The day has finally arrived for our very first challenge at still addINKtive.  This week I have designed the sketch and chosen the colour combo to get things rolling.  

I was excited to get back into my craft room a few days ago and surprisingly enough no major pieces ended up in the bin in the process.  Gotta love that!  I used the cute SU set called Papillon Potpourri, along with the matching punch.


s.a. challenges # 1 - Doily Papillon Potpourri



Here's the very first sketch and colour combo -


It might have been a good idea to check my card stock supplies before choosing the colours, as I only managed to find one retired piece of textured Wild Wasabi.  Needless to say, I have now put in another order for supplies and am eagerly awaiting my free SAB pre-order (My first SU digital disc) - that should be fun!


 
Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets:  Papillon Potpourri, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink:  Perfect Plum, Versa Mark with White Embossing Powder
Card Stock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits, Rhinestone and Pearl Basic Jewels, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, White Baker's Twine, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Dimensionals.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You're probably wondering why we have started a challenge blog when most challenge sites are on a little break.  Kathy and I both work in Education so this is our longest break that we have away from work, which means more time in the craft room for us!  I have had heaps of time over the last week to design the graphics (the sketches get a lot better by the way :) and with the help of Kathy's choice of colour combos and our choice of Stamp Sets, we have managed to put together an exciting line up for the first half of the year already.

My job as a Kinder/Prep teacher keeps me very busy and this year I'm going back full time and into a leadership role as well.  I love paper crafting and being on Design Teams but often find it very difficult to 'commit' when life gets a bit frantic.  At least I will be able to be organised in advance and still have an outlet to ensure that I make the time to craft.

Kathy and I are also Stampin' Up! Demonstrators (Kathy lives in Hobart and I live in Legana, near Launceston, Tasmania) and this challenge blog is a way of helping to promote, not only our businesses, but other fellow SU Demonstrators within Australia and around the world.

If you are an Aussie resident and don't have a SU Demo and would love some new goodies delivered to your door, feel free to send me an order via my email -  bronaddinktivedesigns@gmail.com 

So, why don't you grab our challenge badge and play along with us this week?



Here's a little run down on what we are about -

Our Monthly Schedule

 

We will be running a challenge competition on Weeks 1 and 3 of any given month which will be a Sketch and Colour combined.  We will reference Stampin' Up! ® colours but you are welcome to use others that are a very close match.  If there is a Week 5, we will choose either a sketch or a colour combo for that week.

Prizes will be awarded on the first challenge of each month.

On Weeks 2 and 4 we will feature a Stampin' Up! ® Stamp Set and ask that you link up any projects that you have created using that set.  This means either old or new projects with a limit of 3 links per blog are welcome. Some other blogs call this a 'Linky Party' or a 'Product Blog Hop' but we are calling it - Spot that Stamp Set!  It will be a wonderful resource!

You are free to use the following neutrals with our colour combos. We would love you to use at least one SU product in your project, although not compulsory in order to enter our challenges.


We hope that still addINKtive challenges will provide you with loads of inspiration.

Last, but by no means least, we have managed to gather an amazingly talented group of paper crafters to join us on this journey.  Please go and visit their blogs to check out their talent.  We are so grateful to have them on the still addINKtive team -








(that's me)

(my co-host)


Thanks so much for visiting addINKtive designs.  Happy stamping!

Comments

Susan Joyce said…
Hi Bronwyn,
Congrgratulations! The day has arrived and your dream has come true, your first challenge blog. Your card is so pretty and I love how you embellished all the butterflies differently. Thanks for letting me begin the journey with you.
How exciting for you, Bronwyn! Congrats on the new challenges! Haven't played a challenge for about 2 months ... with a wedding & then Christmas ... just no time. Hope I can start again with this one! Hugs xxx
Ps: gotta get me that stamp set & punch! Hugs xxx
I love your card Bronwyn, it's just so pretty. I'm very happy to be working with you on this. Thanks for asking me! We're off to a great start!
This card is so elegant. The doilies look great under the butterflies! Thanks for having me as part of the Design Team!
Bron you card is so elegant - I'm loving these pretty butterflies and the blinging up of them that you've done. Congrats on the new challenge - I'm hoping to join in!
Stunning card, Bronwyn! There are so many fun details - the layering of the butterflies, the doilies (I am so going to do that), the embellishments here and there - love it all. I am so honored to be a part of the still addINKtive DT. Thank you so much for including me!
Vikki said…
Your card is very pretty and I really like the EF you have used.
H2 :) said…
A big congratulations on turning your vision into a reality, Bron, & thank you for inviting me to be part of your Team. :)
Love your pretty papillon card & the individual treatment you have given to each butterfly.
Vicki Burdick said…
Bron, Love your card with the pretty embossed BG and the butterflies! Thanks for having me be apart of the design team! Looking forward to all the new challenges in the coming weeks!