Dynamic Duos #9


It's the fifth challenge of the month at Dynamic Duos and that means a little diversion from the usual colour mix.  Lesley has chosen Crumb Cake as the challenge colour but the exciting thing is that you get to team it up with a colour of your choice.

For my daughter's birthday, which was way back in May, I made a card using Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze because Laura's favourite colour is 'rust'.

Laura's Birthday Card for DD #9 - Mix and Match

I used one of my cute stamp sets from Technique Tuesday called, 'Life is Good' and made an easel card from SU's Framelit Dies.



I really love the 'linen' look that is created when you stamp on textured card stock.  The gorgeous leafy flourish is cut from a Cheery Lynn Die called Mini Fanciful Flourish.


The Colour Duo



To complete the inside of the card, I used the negative of the die and sponged with Crumb Cake to make a patterned stencil of the leaves.

 ---------------------------------------------

I'm really enjoying the colour challenges at Dynamic Duos and it is great to see so many people who have been regular supporters.  It will be fun to visit your blogs in the coming week to see what colour you have chosen to team up with Crumb Cake - the sky's the limit! 

Be sure to check out all the other Dynamos for some beautiful projects to get you inspired -


Happy crafting!

Comments

H2 :) said…
Your framelit easel looks fabulous Bron. The image stamped on the textured cardstock looks like old fashioned needlepoint. Very sweet! Clever trick with the die negative too! TFS :)
Lisa Elton said…
Wow Bronwyn...so many fabulous details to drink in! Top notch work here!!!
The queen of easel cards strikes again! Wowsers, fantastic! Hugsxxx
Monica Hornof said…
This is so gorgeous! Beyond gorgeous! I will definitely have to CASE it. And I never thought of doing that color combo, it's great!
Karen Aicken said…
Oooooh - so pretty! I have the flourish die too, and haven't used it very often. Thanks for the inspiration.
Cheers, Karen
Anne Marie Hile said…
Bronwyn, your card just made me fall in love with cajun Craze! Love he easel design and the pretty floral accents. The little tails on the lace trim finish everything off perfectly. Hope you are off to a great start to the week. Hugs! :)
Helen said…
This is not a colour combination I would have thought of, but this is really elegant, your daughter must have been thrilled. Helen (Sydney)
Carol L said…
This is fabulous! I love how you stamped the image and embellished around it for a wonderful easel card! The sentiment is wonderful, and I love how you used the negative of the die cut for a background! Brilliant!
Simply stunning Bron! This colour combo is just gorgeous together.
Amazing color combo. Just beautiful!