Dynamic Duos #1

DD #1
A Card for Kathy

I am super excited to share with you my first card as a DT Dynamo for the brand new challenge site, Dynamic Duos.

It's the first challenge of the month so we've started the ball rolling with a bold and sassy, bright and happy duo. The colour combo is brought to us by Sharla of This Thing Called Life who won the DD Facebook Competition with her colour choice of lime and aqua.

 



On a more personal note, while I was making this card, I received a text from a good friend telling me she had pneumonia and asking if I'd pray for her, hence the added sentiment.  I'm trusting that Kathy will make a speedy recovery, get plenty of rest ;) and the card will help bring a smile to her face.

My inspiration for this card comes from Kittie Caracciolo of Kittie Kraft. She is so talented when it comes to floral punch art and her gorgeous window scenes have lead me to add quite a few new punches and dies to my collection :)

A Helpful Hint:  To add a few more shades of blue and green, I have sponged some of the leaves, flowers, birds and bird cage with either LL or PP.  For example, the bird cage is cut from PP card stock and then sponged with LL. The brick wall was lightly sponged with white ink using a dauber.

Project Recipe:
Stamp Set:  Thoughts and Prayers (SU)
Ink:  Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, StazOn White (SU)
Card Stock:  White, Whisper White (textured), Pool Party (smooth and textured), Lucky Limeade
Accessories:  poppystamps dies - Grand Madison Window, Grand Flower Box, Vintage Bird Cage, Fuchsia Sprig
Martha Stewart Punches - Frond, Branch, Birds on a Wire
SU - Everyday Enchantment DSP, Basic Pearls, Stamping Sponge and Dauber, Modern Label Punch
Other - Sizzix Embossing Folder, Bricked (Tim Holtz), Fiskars Flower Punch, Foam Dots

Be sure to check out the other Dynamos for some added inspiration -



PS:  Thank you to the ladies in the General Stamping Forum at Splitcoast Stampers who named this as one of the Favourites for the Week ending 6th May.

I hope many of you are inspired to play along with our first challenge.  Happy crafting!



Comments

Christine Blain said…
Bron, this is so beautiful - way to go, with your first DT submission for Dynamic Duos! Love all the lush detail on this.
Susan Joyce said…
I love your card Bronwyn, the colours are really pretty and fit your design so well. I am a big fan of Kittie Caracciolo too and I think you have captured her style beautifully.
What a beautiful scene you've created Bronwyn! I love the way you've got the matching dsp behind the window and the punch art is just gorgeous.
H2 :) said…
W-O-W !!! Such a beautiful scene Bron. Absolutely love your card! The textures & imagery are fabulous. :)
Kim S said…
What an incredible scene. I am in awe of the variety of the lush variety of greenery.
Nikki Spencer said…
Well, what can l say that hasn't already been said..:0)
Gobsmackingly gorgeous Bron, the detail is just beautiful and what a brilliant way to kick off your new DT gig. xxx
Anni said…
What a cute scene! And thank you for your helpful tip, I will remember this!
Anni
Melissa said…
This is gorgeous, Bronwyn! I love all that greenery! Your window scene is beautiful with the brick wall embossed BG!
Lisa Elton said…
Bronwyn this is exceptional! I love this sweet scene. The wallpaper look on the inside of your window, the pretty flower box on the outside, your pearl accents...all of it wonderful! So great to be on the DT with you ;)
Lesley said…
Gorgeous card Bron, love the flowers and the prettiness of your creation! Stunning!
Allisa said…
Gorgeous Card! The details are stunning!
Tracey McNeely said…
Simply gorgeous card.
Marybeth said…
Not much to say but…... GORGEOUS! Love every detail you put into this amazing card!
Anne Marie Hile said…
Absolutely gorgeous, Bronwyn! Wow! The detail on your card is breath-taking and I bet it is even prettier in person. I love the pearls, too. A perfect touch! Have a great day! Big hugs! :)
Bonnie said…
Your window scene is so pretty! I love the brick embossing and the DSP behind.
Patrice said…
Stunning card Bron, and stunning colours. Love all those flowers and leaves!
Unknown said…
Absolutely love this beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing.