Just Add Vintage - Challenge # 14 at Just Add Ink

Vintage Girl

This is my Vintage Theme inspired 'scrapbook' page made using a chipboard picture frame. It will be a present for Lisi when she opens her own shop called, 'Miss Vintage' in Perth, Tasmania, very soon!



The smaller crocheted flowers are from the retired SU Summer Mini Catalogue, but the large crocheted one was made especially for this project by my very talented friend, Andrea H (All of them, plus the twill tape was dyed with coffee). The rose was made by twisting twill tape onto cardstock secured by sticky strip. Amanda, at Just Add Ink, has a great tutorial on how to make these.


The hat pin and pearls are from the SU Pretties' Kit.


The ruffled ribbon is made from SU twill tape and gathered on the sewing machine.


The free image of the girl is from the Graphic's Fairy


Ink - Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand
Stamp Sets - Baroque, Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel, Heartfelt Thanks
DSP - Bella Rose


This is only a brief summary about how this picture came together. I have made a TUTORIAL on another post to highlight some of the techniques that were used in the process. You can view it here.

I hope you have been inspired by my entry for this week and by the awesome work of my fellow DT Members at Just Add Ink. If you haven't already, you need to check them out as they are nothing short of sensational!

So ... think lace, pearls, distressed, crumpled ... etc. and have a go at Just Adding 'Vintage' for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

If you're a member of the Dirty Dozen Fan Club on Splitcoast Stampers, you'll also be aware that Vintage is the theme for this month! So, the bonus is you'll be able to upload your entry in the challenge there too. Have fun!

Until next time,
Bron XX

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, Bronwyn, I love your work! All the steps involved are totally worth it to get the really cohesive look that you have achieved. Well done, Love Amanda xx
Mae Collins said…
This is a great vintage project I am sure your friend Lisi will love it!
Sharon Wheet said…
I love your entry! It looks fabulous! and I love the free clips from the Graphics Fairy. TFS - you are an inspiration
Anonymous said…
Bronwyn, this is truly inspirational. I just love all those crotched flowers and the twisted twill one ( I did check out the tutorial - awesome!)The gathered twill was the insipration behind my gathered ribbon on my tissue box! So thankyou. TFS. Cheers Donna Zammit
Susan Joyce said…
Lovely frame Bronwyn! I love all the different elements you used to make the frame so pretty. Will have to case the gathered and twisted twill, it looks fabulous.