Just Add Ink Challenge # 11 - Wildcard (Just Add Ink)

Sweet Treat Magnet

This week at Just Add Ink, pretty much anything goes! It's a Wildcard Challenge and all you have to do is Just Add Ink! So the sky is the limit. It's Easter, so if you're not heading off for a holiday, then take some time to get really crafty. I know I say this often, but I really can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy crafting.

The idea to make a magnet from the Sweet Treat Cups came to me a few weeks ago and I thought it would be a fun thing to do for the Wildcard Challenge. I haven't seen anything like this in Blog Land so I'm hoping it's an original idea.



This little guy is right at home amongst the other magnets on my fridge!


Instructions:
To make this little magnet I cut two circles slightly larger than the diameter of the Sweet Treat Cup's rim. Then I punched a hole in the centre of one of them using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.

This punched circle formed the base for the background tree branch. I attached the owl on top of the branch with dimensionals (2 deep for extra 'pop').

Another part of the branch has been glued inside to the top of the cup with Crystal Effects.

I then attached the cup on top of the base circle and adhered the outer rim to cover the Sweet Treat Cup with Crystal Effects or Tombow Glue.

Lastly, I stuck a small magnetic strip to the back and voila! I think they would be a really quick and easy Hostess Gift to make or a cute little item to sell at a Craft Market.

I hope the instructions makes sense. Just contact me if you have any questions.

For this project I have used Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP, SU Little Leaves Sizzlits Die (Kiwi Kiss) and the little owl stamp from 'Fox and Friends' (Chocolate Chip).



Here's one I made using the retired SAB set, Happy Moments. I know that I haven't finished with this little birdcage stamp just yet!



Enjoy the Easter Break and I'll be back next Friday with another submission for Just Add Ink.
Bronwyn


Comments

Bev said…
definately an original idea, clever you, it looks awesome
Anonymous said…
Nope havent seen that idea anywhere in blog land Bron! You clever clogs you and the owl is so cute in there!!
Mae Collins said…
What a novel and creative idea! I haven't seen anything like this online. I hope you won't mind if I case this idea and try it sometime at a craft stall - opens up lots of different ideas! TFS
Liam said…
Very creative.

Liam
How clever is that, GREAT idea.

Teneale
Tui Nathan said…
Great idea Bronwyn, how super clever of you ... my gosh the possiblities ... well done!!!
Naomi Jansen said…
Hi Bronwyn, Just LOVE the magnets. So clever not to mention the tedious ctting around the shapes. Your projects are always so stunning. I also saw your trip down memory lane cards, and they are gorgeous too. It is amazing though how we do get better with time. I have really benefitted from te JAI challenges. Thanks for sharing your creative juices.
Paula Fuller said…
This is such a beautiful project. I never would have thought to make a magnet from the sweet treat cups.